Use tags to manage your contacts in a way that makes sense for you. Zap automatically tags your contacts for basic criteria such as buyer/seller, broker/agent lead, etc. You can also add custom tags!
View and edit tags
View your contact’s tags under Basic Info on their Contact Profile.
- To access the Contact Profile, click on your contact’s name anywhere in Zap.
- Loacte the section labeled Basic Info. Locate the Tags section.
- View the contact’s system-generated tags. You won’t be able to edit these tags, but you will notice they change automatically based on changes to your contact’s account.
- Create a custom tag by typing in a word or phrase into the empty input field. Click Add.
- To remove a tag, click the “X” to the right of the tag.
Filter your contacts by custom tags
- Click Contacts from the left navigation panel.
- Click Filters and locate the section Custom Tags. This will open a drop-down menu with your available tags.
- Checkbox any tag to view contacts with that associated tag.
Tips for using tags
- Your tags will show up on list views – like the Dashboard, the Contacts page, and more. So try to use tags for things you’ll want to see at a glance, and things that will apply to multiple Contacts. This will also make them more useful for filtering.
- Try out some of the suggested tags, like the ones related to financing and timeline to transact.
- Remember, you can select more than one tag when you’re filtering. Selecting more than one tag will give you the list of people who have any of the tags you’ve selected.