The Contact Summary is separated into two panels. The left side of the Contact Summary provides you with key information about your Contact that you can use to communicate with them more effectively. The right side lets you quickly send an email or record the details of a phone call with your Contact.
Get info on your Contact
The left panel of the Contact Summary gives you a quick look at your Contact and what they’ve been up to on your website. At the top of the screen, you’ll see the Contact’s name, their Status, and tags that give you at-a-glance info about your Contact. You’ll also see three tabs beneath their name. Here’s what you’ll find under each of the three tabs in the left panel:
- Any profile notes you’ve added about your Contact. To edit profile notes, just click the pencil icon, make your changes, and click Save.
- Your Contact’s ZapScore and the ZapScore details, including a summary of their recent activity.
- Home Profile Insights: View the median price and square footage, the most common number of bedrooms and bathrooms, and the most common property type among the homes your Contact is viewing and saving. This is a great way to get an idea of what your custome is looking for in a home.
- City and Neighborhood Insights: Find out where your customer is focusing their home search with a visual breakdown of the neighborhoods and cities where your customer is viewing and saving homes.
The data in the Search Insights tab, like the ZapScore, updates itself every 24 hours. If your Contact has viewed or saved homes, but you don’t see the data reflected in their Contact Summary, check back the next day to see the updates.
- Your most recent phone calls and emails with your Contact. Just click to expand a phone call or email if you’d like to view the full email or the call notes you recorded.
- Any notes on changes you’ve made to the Contact recently, such as adding or removing their Follow-up Plan, adding them into Zap, or updating their profile notes.
Get in touch with your Contact
Once you’ve reviewed the information in the left panel, you’re ready to get in touch with your Contact. The right side of the Contact Summary lets you either make a phone call or send an email, depending on which icon you clicked from your Dashboard or Contact Profile.
Making a Call
From the Contact Summary, you can choose a script to guide your conversation, record notes about your phone call, and record whether or not you reached your Contact. To make a call from the Contact Summary, click the blue phone icon.
- If you’d like to use a script to guide your conversation, click “Select Call Script.” Use the search bar or filter the results by author, relationship, timeline to transact, and client interest to find the script that’s right for your Contact, then click Select. You’ll see it populate in the Contact Summary. Use the script to keep yourself on track while you speak to your Contact.
- If you have more than one phone number on file for your Contact, select the phone number you called from the drop down menu.
- You’ll be prompted to record whether or not you reached your Contact (Zap uses this information to help categorize your Contact as a Responsive or Unresponsive Prospect). If you were able to speak to your Contact, select Yes. If you had to leave a message, select No.
- Jot down notes about your call so that you have a record of what you spoke about in the Call Notes section.
- Click Save to finish recording your phone call.
Once you’ve recorded a phone call, the Contact Summary will give you a heads-up on what’s next for this Contact. If they’re on a Follow-up Plan, it will tell you when the next touchpoint is scheduled for. If they’re not on a Follow-up Plan, you’ll be able to choose one, or set a Priority Date if you want the Contact to show up on your Dashboard on a specific date. You can also send an email to follow up about anything you touched on in your phone call.
Sending an Email
To send an email from the Contact Summary, click the blue envelope icon from your Dashboard. You can compose an email from scratch, or use a customizable email script.
- If you’d like to use an email script, click “Select Email Script.” Use the search bar or filter the results by author, relationship, timeline to transact, and client interest to find the script that’s right for your Contact, then click Select. You’ll see it populate in the Contact Summary. You can make any changes you’d like to the script in the field provided.
- If you’re composing an email from scratch, just enter your subject line and the content of the email in the fields provided.
- If you have more than one email address on file for the Contact, select the email address you’d like to send the email to from the drop down menu.
- Review your email – if everything looks good, click Send Email.
Once you’ve sent your email, the Contact Summary will let you know what’s next for this Contact. If they’re on a Follow-up Plan, it will tell you when the next touchpoint is scheduled for. If they’re not on a Follow-up Plan, you’ll be able to choose one. If you’d like your Contact to show up on your Dashboard on a specific date, you can set a Reminder. Just select the date and click Save, and your Contact will show up in in a Reminder on the date you’ve selected.